Frequently asked questions
Can I Travel With A Rapid Test?
Please refer to the Malta Airport Website for exact list of accepting countries. https://www.maltairport.com/covid19/departure/
What does 'not reactive' mean?
'Not Reactive' means a negative test result. You have the green light to fly to your destination.
What Does 'Reactive' Mean?
Reactive means you have tested positive for the Coronavirus Spike Protein. You will be contacted by the centre and told to self-isolte. You will need to contact the authorities to book a PCR close to where you are residing. You will only be able to leave where you are residing to go for your PCR test and you will be released only if the PCR test is 'Not Reactive'. Also your family or those who you are staying with, will need to self-isolate with you and will be asked to take a PCR Test.
Frequently asked questions
Where will I get the test?
Your test will be carried out at the Gozo Osteopathy Clinic, Triq Sant' Indrija, Victoria, VCT 124 in Gozo.
What is the price of a test at Gozo Osteopathy?
Your test will cost €50. If you wish to book for a group (10 or more) we can offer a group discount. Please contact us to discuss.
What tests do we use?
We use the nationally approved SD Biosensor Standard Q SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test. A reliable, rapid test for the qualitative detection of specific antigens of SARS-CoV-2 found in Covid-19.
How accurate will my results be?
The SD Biosensor Standard Q SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test has 96.52% of sensitivity and 99.68% of specificity. It is considered among the top RATs available on the market.
What should I do if I have COVID-19 symptoms?
If you do have COVID-19 symptoms or are quarantining you must not come to the clinic and call 111.
What should I do if my test is positive?
You will be instructed to remain in self-isolation until contacted by Public Health Authorities. They will contact you and will take over the management of your public health including contact tracing.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Refunds will only be instructed only with 24 hours notice (with formal request on email)
- 20% admin fees will apply to all cancellation if payment is made from a Euro account.
- 30% admin fees will apply if refund is in a different currency rather than Euro. A print screen with the daily exchange rate will be used to refund the bank account.
- Vouchers to use in the future are also possible free of charge and can also be issued and used within the end of the calendar year. Please note that once a Voucher is issued that will be not reimbursable.
How will the test be taken?
A nasopharyngeal swab is a method for collecting a clinical test sample of nasal secretions from the back of the nose and throat. The sample is then analyzed for the presence of organisms or other clinical markers for Covid-19.
Why should I take an Antigen Test?
Antigen tests are helpful in screening for the identification of a COVID-19 infection.
Is the certificate I receive from this appointment accepted for international travel?
Please check with the government guidelines for your desired country of travel. For countries that accept Rapid Tests as proof, this test is acceptable.
Is this test safe for children?
Yes, children of any age can take an antigen test but we require children under the age of 18 to have parental consent.
What Is The Process For Rapid Antigen Testing?
The process is stress free and very simple;
- Book online via our Gozo Rapid Test page.
- Pay securely online (only cashless online bookings are accepted).
- Once booking is done, await for your confirmation email.
- Click the blue link received with your confirmation email booking and fill in the online form with all passengers details.
- If your passenger locator forms are not completed we will not be able to perform the test.
- Please make sure you complete all details correctly. Double check all requested information.
Relax now. You are all set!
All you need to do is to pe punctual for your appointment.